Air intakes?help please

• hi lads and lass,
    bought this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180286872764&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008

but its not the one on the screen,its all the same except one end has a square section with 4 bolt holes.

ive not looked to close at my intake as its been raining but wondering,will i have to cut the bit off to leave me a round end or can it be bolted on?

i also havea hole,threaded,about 2cm diameter and a nipple on opposite side and got a skinny silicone pipe that fits the nipple and then i have 2 thicker ones which are the same.

sory for stupid question but where and what do i do with them and could some one be so kind and let me know how to fit it as it looks complicated as theres loads of wires on my air box and standard air box.

thanks in advance

• The skinny pipe is probably for the standard egr pipe that vents to atmosphere on your OE air box, mine is just left to atmosphere no filter.

The other two larger pipes are probably intended for the rocker breathers, the one on your front bank with the PCV valve needs to be left alone unless you fit an oil catch tank other wise your idle will be all over the place but the breather with black pipe at the front of your engine and back that meet can be vented to atmosphere.

Not very good explantion sorry.

As for the bolt holes sounds like it is for a different type of air flow meter than the one you have fitted.. think 1.6 have a filter that mounts like the one you describe.. vvvv

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-85-97-MX3-MX5-MX6-RX7-L4-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT_W0QQitemZ310080895392QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310080895392&_trkparms=72%3A984|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

• @31423d7a9f=Mechanic:

The skinny pipe is probably for the standard egr pipe that vents to atmosphere on your OE air box, mine is just left to atmosphere no filter.

The other two larger pipes are probably intended for the rocker breathers, the one on your front bank with the PCV valve needs to be left alone unless you fit an oil catch tank other wise your idle will be all over the place but the breather with black pipe at the front of your engine and back that meet can be vented to atmosphere.

Not very good explantion sorry.

As for the bolt holes sounds like it is for a different type of air flow meter than the one you have fitted.. think 1.6 have a filter that mounts like the one you describe.. vvvv

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-85-97-MX3-MX5-MX6-RX7-L4-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT_W0QQitemZ310080895392QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310080895392&_trkparms=72%3A984|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

thanks mechanic,
    the link youve shown, the square bit is welded on to one end of the alloy tube on my link,
    i can do one of 2 things,thats dremmel it off or mess around posting and paying double what ive payed.

yea i know what you mean,its harder to write it then show.

i will keep a eye out for that one tube and il post if i have any more trouble.
    thanks again mate

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB