Just Bought An MX-3

• Hi,

I've just bought an MX-3 V6 & just wanted to check a few things with those in the know, if you would be so kind! So…

1. What should the temperature gauge show under normal conditions when warmed up? Mine doesn't go above a third on the gauge, so is that normal, or does it suggest a thermostat change?

2. I have a set of BBS alloys from a Mk2 Golf GTi in the garage, would they fit straight on to the MX-3? I know there's a few considerations when fitting alloys.

3. There is only 1 key with the car, although the owner has provided me with the chip that was in an old key that snapped, which disables the immobilizer. How would I go about getting a new key cut that I could put the chip in so that it could be used to start the car? Without the chip any key I have cut won't disable the immobilizer.

I hope you can help with any or all of these questions, & thank you very much in advance!

• Hey,

They do sit a bit under half way in many mx3s, sounds pretty normal. Otherwise it would go up in traffic/hot scenarios.

Golf wheels should be fine, same PCD 4x100 and offset should work. I'd get some spiggot rings to take it down to 54.1 for extra stability :)

Key thing, not sure, always had RCL on my mx3s. I'm sure your local keycutter could advise if no one here helps.

Welcome to the club :) get some pics up!

• That's great, thanks very much for the helpful advice there. I think maybe the thermostat is ok then as the temperature doesn't move in traffic, it sits there all the time. And thanks for the advice on the wheels. I'll check out what advice a keycutter can give, I'm not exactly sure how the car picks up the chip in the key. When I work out how to upload pictures I will!

• Hi! Keycutter will cut you new key with chip allready in,and first time you switch ignition on with new key it will program into the immoboliser itself.i had to cut key once and it's about £25

• @45e13c18c9=edymikis:

Hi! Keycutter will cut you new key with chip allready in,and first time you switch ignition on with new key it will program into the immoboliser itself.i had to cut key once and it's about £25

Spot on, I went to have one done the other day. They can read the chip in your current key as I didnt know if it had one, (they do.)

• :bigok:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB