K8 - forged internals?

• Hi, got a few questions regarding the K8 or K8DE (whatever its called) 1.8 V6.
    I'm looking for a unique engine swap for my Starlet and have been reading up on these little V6s but info on these engines, particularly to do with forging and turbos, is scarce.

So:
    1. Are forged internals actually available for the K8 or even the KF for that matter?
    2. How much boost can the stock internals take?
    3. What sort of power has been achieved from a boosted K8? I read that the KL with a turbo can produce 300bhp which whilst a lot is a small figure for such a big engine. Surely the k8 could easily go above that with boost and the right supporting mods?
    4. Common weak points with the K8?
    5. Engine weight?
    6. Are there any compatible factory gearboxes with an LSD?
    7. How easy are parts to find? OEM and aftermarket.
    8. How tall is the engine? Anyone have problems with clearance when running their mx3 slammed?

I appreciate any help!
    Cheers, Sam.

• If the K8 isn't powerful enough then just get a KLDE from a mx-6, probe. Will be the best engine to turbo.

• @cae953413e=tom01:

If the K8 isn't powerful enough then just get a KLDE from a mx-6, probe. Will be the best engine to turbo.

Too big for my starlet. Don't want anything bigger than 2.0 so the 1.8 is ideal. Unless the 2.5 is similar in size?

• Same size, bolts right in to the mx3

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB