Coilovers

• Can anyone who has fitted them write a quick guide, nothing major just a step by step?

Havin real trouble with mine.

• Can you put up pictures or explain what you are having issues with Bud
    and I'm sure we can get it sorted. You definately have MX3 coilovers?!

• yeah also make sure your putting the front coils on the front and the rear coils and the rear. Mine looked so identical i had to really look before i put them on

• @ab1e6a6083=youdirtyfox:

You definately have MX3 coilovers?!

They fit, with some force, and tbh.. I don't think they are.

Ok, the front and back ones are easy to see teh difference, as I have to drill a hole on the front ones (3 pin in a triangle)

The rears:

I'll start with what I've done.

Removed the rear struts 100%
    Removed the rear strut 'tunnel' content: A round rubber thing, the top part with the threads, so it's empty up there.

From looking at the strut hole and the top of the coilover, both are at a slight angle and not flat topped.

This appears to fit into the 'hole' but the threaded bolts on the top of the coilover is a extream fit to the point of having to use a pry-bar to slightly bend the 'rear' bolt inwards while pulling the strut toward the outside of the car (Which is a bitch due to the hub) and then shove using a jack or a 3rd party to really push the bottom of the strut upwards.

It's not a (as the you tube videos would say) a push the strut up and bolt it deal.

Now, the bolts on the top only line up with the top rotated with the larger part of the top of the strut facing outwards toward the outside of the car, not toward the boot, this is due to the odd shape of the top of the coilover top mount bracket.

Being honest, and after around 12 hours of fitting one of them! I've gotten one to fit and bolt up by changing the way of doing it.

Lean the coilver inside the tunnel.
    Bolt the top hub bolt to the bottom strut hole.
    Jack the bloody thing up until it pop's the top mount through the holes (small damage to the threads)
    Bolt the top in place
    undo the hub bolt
    Jack the hub up and bolt up.

Either way, I do feel that I really don't trust these things to do anything other then fall apart right now.

• If they are for an MX3, they shouldn't be that difficult to fit, have you tried the fronts yet? Hmmmm.. You could always buy my K sports, hardly been used

• Any other advice? Going to take another crack at them tomorrow with a mech mate of mine.

Fronts are a direct fit (when I drill the hole) it's the rears that are a PITA.

• I think these might be off a 323? sure Mooneggs tried to fit them for an experiment and just could not get the rears to go!

• It's just the top plate, and these look like they have been filed down to fit the strut hole.

Can you buy just the top plate for Coilovers?

You might be right on the 323.. :( I've posted the images on the 323F site to see if anyone can give some light on them.

Oh.. Quick question.

If I grind the top down a little so they fit, would they be ok?

• If they are from a 323 then the geometry might be completey out anyway mate.

Grind what across the plate, or on the sides?

Top plates are available yes but i don't if its just camber plates are or standard items, look at ksport site

• Ok, I'm an idiot.

Both are fitted on the rears now.

Dremeled the hole a little bigger and undone the rear hubs. Fitted easy. :(

• make sure you wind the ring in the middle on that pick up under the top ring to lock it out.

• The adjustments, or rather learning how to adjust them come later bud.

• Never seen blue, what brand are these? Also more pics will help understand what kind they are… If you spent that much time fitting them I can guarantee you they are not made for an mx-3...

• @baf159a517=Mooneggs:

Never seen blue, what brand are these? Also more pics will help understand what kind they are… If you spent that much time fitting them I can guarantee you they are not made for an mx-3...

No brand markings on them Mooneggs, Reason it took a while to fit them is because I was being an idiot. Now I've worked it out, I got the other rear on within 10mins.

I've been reading some of the project logs on here, are you can trace them back via at least two members who had them fitted, but no indication that their cars ever moved with them on. I'm getting marred in less then a month so right now they just need to work to a point of taking the weight of the car so I can free up the axle stands.

• @b039854c77=Lori:

@b039854c77=Mooneggs:

Never seen blue, what brand are these? Also more pics will help understand what kind they are… If you spent that much time fitting them I can guarantee you they are not made for an mx-3...

No brand markings on them Mooneggs, Reason it took a while to fit them is because I was being an idiot. Now I've worked it out, I got the other rear on within 10mins.

I've been reading some of the project logs on here, are you can trace them back via at least two members who had them fitted, but no indication that their cars ever moved with them on. I'm getting marred in less then a month so right now they just need to work to a point of taking the weight of the car so I can free up the axle stands.

Why are you taking axle stands to get married?! LOL . Glad you got it sorted out though Bud.

• @d40a6c1378=youdirtyfox:

Why are you taking axle stands to get married?! LOL . Glad you got it sorted out though Bud.

I'll let you pick the reason :)

Either:

I need the AZ3 gone before that, so I need the axle stands to get the wheels off.

or

I need the axle stands on jacks to move my massive belly down the isle :P

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB