ABS problem 92 V6

• Hi!

I got some problems with the ABS on my 1992 MX3 V6. The ABS won´t work and theres a light lit on the dash that looks like a car skidding on the road. I guess that´s the ABS light.

I tried checking the error codes for the ABS and got 11 and 12. That´s supposed to be front right and left ABS sensors. So I removed them both and cleaned them. Left side had lots of metal chips stuck to it from a completely worn down break pad. Right side just had some dirt on it. It didn´t help both the light and the error codes are still there.

All this started after I changed the break pads and discs front and rear and the CV joints. I checked the CV joints I bought and they have 44 teeth on the "ABS wheel" sorry I don´t know the word :D. The old ones have 44 teeth to.

I find it not very likely that both sensors got broken at the same time. I read somewhere that you can messure the resistance in the sensors with a multimeter but I cant find the connector for the sensor since it goes into the enginebay somewhere. Does anyone know where the connectors are where I can messure?

Sorry about my bad english I´m from sweden :)

Regards
    Linus

• bridge TBS & GND in the diag box, turn the ignition on and press the brake pedal 10 times in 10 seconds that should clear the codes, then see if they re appear

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB