Fuel problems, loss of power

• Hi,
    I picked up my Eunos 30X last night and the fella I bought it from said there was a problem with power loss when the fuel tank was low.
    The fuel level was almost empty so I half filled it and drove home.

What I found was that when the car was pointing down, like on a slope or braking, and making a turn into a right hand corner there was a complete loss of power.

I haven't started looking into it yet, but I'm hoping this is not going to be a major issue.

Not sure if there is a similar thread on here, I did look but couldn't see anything. Any help appreciated.

• Could be the fuel pump isn't working, only thing I can think off.

I'm not the most technical member thou so I could be talking complete gibberish.

Welcome to the club thou!

• @3e71e292ca=Lori:

Could be the fuel pump isn't working, only thing I can think off.

I'm not the most technical member thou so I could be talking complete gibberish.

Welcome to the club thou!

Cheers :)

Any idea how much a fuel pump would cost?

• check the filter as if it was realy low on fuel it could of pull some muck through

• that was the first thought, and I will be servicing it asap. fingers crossed it will cure the problem

• @3dd401a058=rd_jon:

that was the first thought, and I will be servicing it asap. fingers crossed it will cure the problem

mine used to cut out on a hard right lock with quarter of a tank or less. i just learned to take right hand bends a bit easier lol. as for your problem it does sound fuel related so filter and pump would be the first things i'd check. oh and welcome to the forum :)

• Fuel pump is dead easy to check, IIRC:
    Pull back seat off, just the bottom bit
    Release pressure from the lines by running car with FP disconnected until it stalls
    Open filler cap to release pressure there
    Take off the ground 6-8mm hex nut on the FP mounting plate
    Remove the send and return lines, have a rag around it to catch the dribbles
    Unscrew the small brass screws x 6/8?
    Lift out FP assembly as one
    Be careful with the angle, you lift up then go at an angle so the float and filter clear the hole, otherwise you can mess up the readings for the guage

You may find garbage in the tank. The RH bend thing is a bit common though. Could look into baffling the tank better. Alu fuel cell in your budget? :lol:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB