6x9s mounting?

• best place to moung a set of 6x9s to get rid of the distaught rear speakers? are they any good in boxes?

• I used to have mine in the parcel shelf but the shelf was very fragile!.
    I was gonna get a shelf custom made in a 2 part section with a flat section holding the 6 x9s and then a piano hinge lifting just over half the shelf, but i took all the ICE in the end.
    what about upgraded rear speakers with small sub ? same effect ?
    DJ is your ICE man but he is away on holiday and moving for a while.

• i'm with Garfy here. i used to love 6x9's but now i just upgrade standard speakers where possible (cant say much at the mo though because my new one has 6x9's in the doors) and obviously a sub woofer would be needed as you wont get much bass out of diddy little speakers.

• i have a sub in already was gonna upgrade my standard speakers but erm these was free out of a friends car only sounded well, but only really want voice, i have basssssssss lots of it

• the parcel shelf is obviously the usual spot for them but as garfy says they are useless and will break at some point. could always mock one up out of mdf and cut some speaker holes and wrap it to make it look good.

• @4a0d74f5da=daniel:

the parcel shelf is obviously the usual spot for them but as garfy says they are useless and will break at some point. could always mock one up out of mdf and cut some speaker holes and wrap it to make it look good.

that was my plan in the first place, just thought you fellas may have found a wicked place for these instead of the parcel shelf lol, well i know what im doing tomorrow :)

• Make your own shelf instead of butchering your parcel shelf ;)

• Open up the side panels where the oem speakers are hidden, rip them out and put some decent quality 5" composite speakers in, easy to fit and doesnt involve destruction, building etc and also hides them well away from chavs looking for head units to steal as they cannot see the speakers

I have composite mid ranges, tweeters hidden in that area and a nice bass tube in the boot and thats much better than 6x9's and cost the same just I added cross overs to make the speakers work properly

• ta marco that was my second though saves butchering away :), also them skanky chaves will steal anything lol good job im not near many haha, saw a nice set of fli ones for £28.99

• @9655aac62b=badboi103:

ta marco that was my second though saves butchering away :), also them skanky chaves will steal anything lol good job im not near many haha, saw a nice set of fli ones for £28.99

i remember in my old mondeo i had standard speakers of 5x7 so i bought some brackets and a couple of sets of 3 way pioneer round speakers and a fusion sub kit and i have to say that the sound was amazing. although the total cost of the sound system was more than i paid for the car :rofl:
    personally for me its door speakers over 6x9's any day

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB