Drilled, grooved or dotted discs

• Has anyone got these fitted and are they any good, any preferences or things to keep away from ???

• They look nice :wink:
    I would stay away from them completely and spend the dosh on the pads and plain discs if it were me.

Most of the cheap ones are drilled after production, weak spot anyone?!

• thats what I was thinking have spunked the money on decent pads and new pipes now :D

• what pads you go for?

• EBC Green stuff all round and goodridge stainless pipes in lime green :wink:

• I've been looking into ate discs with anti corrosion surface. would be better as I'm always having trouble with rear corrosion where car sits so long :(
    Stainless lines are good, I've had no trouble with them.
    Sure I had noise issues with ebc pads I'm on a different compound now and much better but unsure of brand.

• @0382eb9728=djmarcopolo:

Has anyone got these fitted and are they any good, any preferences or things to keep away from ???

**Black Diamond grooved on Red with Mintex pads. You will not believe how fast she pulls up.

Avoid drilled discs as if your life depends on it. Because it does. Cast-hole discs - like fitted as standard to Porsches - are fine, if merely aesthetic. Drilled ones are very much not.**

• I did remeber something about discs on here before but couldnt remember what it was, I may just whack on the brand new mazda oem front discs I have in the garage to do the front set and maybe look at some rears as they are so cheap
    Full set of new brakes everywhere should be good for the car, especially as I still havent sorted the seizing caliper on the rear yet

• @9e3a46b9c2=Famine:

@9e3a46b9c2=djmarcopolo:

Has anyone got these fitted and are they any good, any preferences or things to keep away from ???

**Black Diamond grooved on Red with Mintex pads. You will not believe how fast she pulls up.

Avoid drilled discs as if your life depends on it. Because it does. Cast-hole discs - like fitted as standard to Porsches - are fine, if merely aesthetic. Drilled ones are very much not.**

Mmm Ive had mintex 1144 before on the 205, they were incredible and did bite well from cold

• Just to throw it out there… this might be a good read

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=78003

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB