LED Headlights

• Just thinking about how i'm gunna do this and have realized that i might have some problems. Never removed a headlight lens before and looking at methods online its not simple at all. Also putting the whole unit in't over was mentioned. This could be tricky as i have flyeye vinyl on them. Any ideas?

Was going to stick the line of led's along the bottom of the inside of the lens.

• Remove the fly eye tint first! its goes back on well easy or just buy some more?!

Removing the glass I found really easy tbh, just follow the instructions online that you have seen.

• as fox says, dead easy, the goop they seal with only free's itself up when its hot hot, so dont worry about putting them in the oven, I put my bike ones in and they have plastic lenses, did mine at 90 degrees, theres few plastics thatll melt that low, and theyre not in your headlight or your bulbs would melt the housing

• hot knife?

• imho your more likely to melt the casing using a hot knife, best to get the whole unit warm and use a cold blunt flat knife to peel round one side of it and then just gently pull it apart, even it doesnt move easily give it a tad more heat, but only with the oven off.

• you really dont want a knife or anything sharp or pointy when your doing it, I heated it up, and used my fingers, a bit painful but alot more save, takes quite a bit of strength to seperate them, if you add a knife/pointy thing into that equation then your bound to end up lancing your own hand! If you need to use something for leverage to get started then just bear in mind that it is glass, so you could end up shattering or chipping bits of it off, hot glass in the eye aint gonna be fun

• Done. Will try to get some pics on in the next couple of days. Was a bit fidly but not too difficult.

• Glad you got there in end. Look forward to seeing them :D

• not great pics. Had to take them on my phone. Will borrow a decent camera from work some time and take some decent ones.

• update - my led headlights have succumb to the curse of buying things cheap from ebay. They have melted themselves on one side so i just have one side working now. I've ordered some better quality ones but i'm not taking the lens off again. Thinking of putting a line of them along the top of the inside of the side light/indicator unit.

• The way I would do it is put the indicator in the headlight then you can run a nice long strip in the sidelight unit.

• This looks awesome, I have thought about this. I would like to see a picture a little further away head on though.

Nice work!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB