Headlight removal/Fog light removal

• heyup chaps. finally starting to play withmy MX3 after over 6 months ownership!

I fixed a vumper alignment issues recently, but as I was doing it, I couldnt remove the headlights.

Is there a simple way of removing the headlights AND fog lights on these cars? On my MX6, you just unbolt them and slide out…easy.

I really wanted to spray the fog light casing metallic black...

• Easy way is to take teh front bumper off, I think there's a guide in the how to sections.

• only way is to take off bumper as it has a bolt underneath

dont be scared to do it as its not a major job

If you remove the foglights, give me a PM i will point oyu in the direction of some very rare JDM grills that cover the holes that I know there is a perfect pair on a car being broken :wink:

• @678dbc50d8=djmarcopolo:

If you remove the foglights, give me a PM i will point oyu in the direction of some very rare JDM grills that cover the holes that I know there is a perfect pair on a car being broken :wink:

& I can point you in the direction of me, who has the front bumper without the fog light holes lol :)

• cheers guys, I was kinda hoping for an easier way. I was going to remove the front bumper, but couldnt. got all the bolts off I could see, but I oculdnt find any 14mm bolts "near the lights" that I could get to. I didnt have the car on axel stands though, so perhaps I didnt have the right angle I dunno. Itll now have to be a job for after MOT!

• LoL my car is lowered and I can still get underneath and reach the 2 hidden bolts
    Poke your nose under the front bumper by the headlights and you will see a square hole running upwards, they are at the top of them

• OH right./..I did see the square hoel but figured that wasnt it, doh!! So I presume a standard wrench will reach?

• @68029f7255=clivvy:

OH right./..I did see the square hoel but figured that wasnt it, doh!! So I presume a standard wrench will reach?

yup, I found it easy with a ratchit spanner tho. size 14 iirc.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB