SCrap value of an MX3

• noooo im lovin this build its a shame that you thinking of scraping

i just scraped the 1.6 as you all now i got £180 with a v6 engine in the back
    and no cat it was in total just over a tone
    £60 for the cat on its own so total of £240

scrap is £180per tone at the moment
    i dont want to get your hopes up

• @a703e2ec11=Garfy1981:

Replace with .

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?index=18&nav=SEARCH&nid=14759602258&itemId=250817050812

Think you was looking for one. Nice classic

I'm thinking more along the lines of an Impreza, not a tubby though, justa 2 ltr sport AWD. I was surprised talking to a friend last night that despite the larger engine and notoriousness of Scooby's, the tax is the same, and insurance would be less than I'm paying for the MX3, it might only have 125bhp, but with a few choice mods and still NA can be tuned to 150-170bhp.

Plus with having 4 doors, would be a good family car for the inevitable.

I really would be gutted to see Bert go now after having such a good time recently, but when do you stop burning money? Hopefully I'll get some good news but it just seems one thing is leading to another right now and the choice is really this (this is just a ball park figure).

**Spend £300 getting the car sorted, await more problems.

Or keep trekking along for another month, saving the £300, scrap the car, sell bits worth selling, get tax back, get the bus to work and back for a couple of weeks, have enough to buy something that will last me a lot longer (hopefully a scoob :) )

• go and buy another mx3 then at least you can change over all bits you have done, you don't need a mint one, just a reliable one, surely you could find one cheap enough???? Be a shame to end your rat

• @8cd568ae74=RustyMx3:

I'm thinking more along the lines of an Impreza, not a tubby though, justa 2 ltr sport AWD.

Good choice but TURBO FTW!!

Not sure what the fuel economy is like on the non turbos, my prodrive is horrific (15ish to the gallon) but hey ho, goes like stink, had a burn up with an M3 the other day, he did not get away from me, good reliable cars with a bullet proof engine as long as they are not modded too much 8) :D

• I'd love a turbo Gulfy but gotta think sensibly really with rising fuel costs and insurance premiums rising, I'd be happy with Scooby looks to be honest, a nice classic shape 96 would be nice.

• snap. a scooby should be a scooby. the new ones are just horrible and i never really liked the mk2 scoobs. If i was you i would check insurance though as i could not insure one (even a non turbo) for less than a grand bud

• @3f914c3e72=daniel:

snap. a scooby should be a scooby. the new ones are just horrible and i never really liked the mk2 scoobs. If i was you i would check insurance though as i could not insure one (even a non turbo) for less than a grand bud

Don't dis my dailydriver!! LOL

Not keen on the bugeyed ones either but I like blobeyed and even hawkeyed ones, especially as the hawkeyes have a 2.5 lump in them

• i just prefer the mk 1 scoobs and personal preference id have an evo 5 or a skyline r32 over one of them. you could pick up an older skyline for a couple of grand these days. :shock:
    not dissing your car mate, its all to do with preference aint it :)
    http://www.imagejuicy.com/images/exotic-cars/s/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-v-type-r/14/
    first car ;)

• Yeah I know, not having a dig at you :wink:

• @e5e685258d=daniel:

snap. a scooby should be a scooby. the new ones are just horrible and i never really liked the mk2 scoobs. If i was you i would check insurance though as i could not insure one (even a non turbo) for less than a grand bud

Easy, I'm 31, best quote FC £638 which is pretty much what I'm paying on the MX3 right now TPFT.

Why does the MX3 rape you on insurance?

• 'cause it's a sports coupe?

• gulfs anyday over the other, sorry, my mate has a black one with a bigger spoiler and i luv it, the black paint has this gold flick in it too…

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB