Hesitation/jerkyness/loss of power under acceleration

• a couple of days ago my car started acting a bit funny, slight jerkyness when accelerating but it only happened once or twice, but today it's gotten really bad.
    when I accelerate my car hesitates and jerks as if it's losing power or not firing right and there's a huge loss of power and it wont hardly accelerate in any gear or at any speed.
    The car idle's fine (a bit high but it always has been) and at constant rates of speed there's no problem at all, so it's only on acceleration.

There's a few things I will check in the morning like spark plugs/leads/vacuum hoses etc but I was just wondering if there's any other things it could be?
    my last mx3 had a problem holding charge in the distributor coil and kept dying on me while driving (that was fun on roundabouts!) but this one hasn't stalled out on me once yet so I don't think it's that.

Any clues as to what could cause it would be most appreciated :)

love you long time :D

• that sounds a lot like the plastic intake hose has split, at tick over its not gulping air but on acceleration it sucks in too much and makes it kangaroo, take it off and flex it to see if there are any cracks in it

• @91155a775e=djmarcopolo:

that sounds a lot like the plastic intake hose has split, at tick over its not gulping air but on acceleration it sucks in too much and makes it kangaroo, take it off and flex it to see if there are any cracks in it

I hope it's not that, I just got a new one from mr admin man about 3 weeks ago :( lol
    I'll definitely check it tomorrow though.

• @1a506b76e4=mattuhh:

@1a506b76e4=djmarcopolo:

that sounds a lot like the plastic intake hose has split, at tick over its not gulping air but on acceleration it sucks in too much and makes it kangaroo, take it off and flex it to see if there are any cracks in it

I hope it's not that, I just got a new one from mr admin man about 3 weeks ago :( lol

Make sure its on tight and the oil breather hose is on properly, you may find if the dipstick isnt in properly it will run like a bag of spanners because of the oil pressure sensor

• @4ae65dd135=djmarcopolo:

@4ae65dd135=mattuhh:

@4ae65dd135=djmarcopolo:

Make sure its on tight and the oil breather hose is on properly, you may find if the dipstick isnt in properly it will run like a bag of spanners because of the oil pressure sensor

I'll have to whip it off and re-fit in incase, it would be nice if it was just something simple like that, but knowing my luck it wont be lol

• Well I think I found the culprit

Pulled out the HT leads and 4 out of the 6 were dripping with oil.

As far as I can tell it was only the top half of the spark plugs that were covered in oil, so fingers crossed its just the rocker gaskets need replacing.
    After clearing out as much oil as i could I took her for a spin and she seems to be running alot better.

another job to add to the list :(

• It will be that causing the HT lead to earth onto the engine

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB