New kl-de motor on mx3 93 mod

• Hey all :)

I got a question about the ecu.

I've replaced a kl-de from 626 on my mx-3 93 mod.

I'm wondering which ecu should fit this motor? or its all good to use the ecu from k8?

I've just reading around som1 tells to use k8 and someone tells to use another one. to get more hp and the right ecu for the kl-de.

what is right? any of you knows? :)

thanks for answers :)

• I've been using my old K8 ecu on my KL-DE for about three months now… no problems, if anything im pretty sure its running a fraction leaner (looks to be better fuel eco) runs fine tho... no pinging or anything... so I'd say either are good... no power loss in using the K8 that i could tell.

• 626 ecu and vaf is best combo ( de ecu and de vaf )
    Can get ecu chipped but usually its only chipped for klze use. You might be able to.
    Your k8 ecu and vaf will run fine your just be slightly down on power

• @af94cd0f47=-eunos-:

I've been using my old K8 ecu on my KL-DE for about three months now… no problems, if anything im pretty sure its running a fraction leaner (looks to be better fuel eco) runs fine tho... no pinging or anything... so I'd say either are good... no power loss in using the K8 that i could tell.

That's odd, most people run alot richer. Are you de ecu and kl02 VAF or je50 VAF?

I'm with Garfy, if you can use the klde ecu and VAF that'd probably be best as it is designed for your engine.

• If you want to know for sure, you should email a buddy of mine, Mazdarati, who programmes custom chips (vris-timing and stock fuelmaps) for every mazda 6cyl engine. You can email him at dennis@mx6.nl . Let him know I told you to email him. He knows exactly which chip/vaf/ecu combination works best on what engine.

I still think it's tricky to just "go with a combination" because it sounds or feels right. I ran with the wrong combination a while, thinking it was ok, but on the dyno proved to run ridiculously lean. Best thing is to fit a combo and then check the a/f with a wideband sensor or get it checked on a dyno.

• thanks a lot for good answers :)

yes i use ecu and kl 02 vaf on the car. and i still use the k8 inlet manifold. since the other from kl-de was a bit fucked up.

so i've already got new one and its on way shipping to me this week :) so might be good to fix the orginal inlet manifold to this kl-de motor.

I'll send an email to your friend and hear what he says and what i should use. thanks a lot :)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB