Lights, or more important there colours

• They only have to be lit orange. The lenses can be any colour you like.

Deleting the real side repeater to use the Federal sidemarker, hmmm… technically, the SVA/MOT manual has 'visibility splays' for the side repeater. The bumper sidemarker looks big enough to have visibility from the rear quarter... maybe.

I'd say that most MOT stations wouldn't have a clue. Federal sidemarkers are fairly bright with a 21W bulb in.

Reversing light has to be white, but is not required.

Numberplate lighting is still required, and must be 'white'.

Any blue light that is visible is illegal. Yes, blue LED Vauxhall Corsanonces, that means you.

• @bb6939d061=Venari:

They only have to be lit orange. The lenses can be any colour you like.

Deleting the real side repeater to use the Federal sidemarker, hmmm… technically, the SVA/MOT manual has 'visibility splays' for the side repeater. The bumper sidemarker looks big enough to have visibility from the rear quarter... maybe.

I'd say that most MOT stations wouldn't have a clue. Federal sidemarkers are fairly bright with a 21W bulb in.

Reversing light has to be white, but is not required.

Numberplate lighting is still required, and must be 'white'.

Any blue light that is visible is illegal. Yes, blue LED Vauxhall Corsanonces, that means you.

Jesus Mark! Where have you been hiding?

• @66b49ee0c0=nightstalker:

@66b49ee0c0=Jesta:

not really alot of options for changing the colour, if you want blue then thats the police, green is ambulances and doctors, so your only left with purple, and if you change any of them your just going to get people driving into the back of you as they wont know what the colour means and therefore what your intentions are.

He's not wanting to change the colour. Lori is asking about indicator/side repeaters.

Whys he asking about colours for the other lights then?

• What I want to do is, Remove the normal side turning signals and use the 2 mounted in the side of the front bumper (there are two in the back as well)

(The image above, has no side turn signal on the upper wing, but has it lower down on the front bumper)

The rear lights, I wanted to have them a single block colour, however, that's going to cause issues because of the rear turn signals so I'll scrap that idea and leave them stock.

• @9e8fc0bcad=Lori:

What I want to do is, Remove the normal side turning signals and use the 2 mounted in the side of the front bumper (there are two in the back as well)

(The image above, has no side turn signal on the upper wing, but has it lower down on the front bumper)

The rear lights, I wanted to have them a single block colour, however, that's going to cause issues because of the rear turn signals so I'll scrap that idea and leave them stock.

Rear lights shouldn't be an issue.. depending on what colour you wanna go?

• Am I the only one who cant see any photo?

• @f1951515f9=Jesta:

Am I the only one who cant see any photo?

It's only at the top of every page bud :) (it's the site banner)

@f1951515f9=HammyGlos:

Rear lights shouldn't be an issue.. depending on what colour you wanna go?

Tempted to do a Mooneggs and go red.

• aaaahhhhhhhh, was thinking it was in your original post. Well, now thats sorted, why would you want to do this anyway?

• @26a7b824af=Jesta:

aaaahhhhhhhh, was thinking it was in your original post. Well, now thats sorted, why would you want to do this anyway?

Because I dislike all the 3rd party options and want something custom.

• you and all your non conformance, society wants you to be normal, but you just dont care. Your off the chain maaan!

• i have a possible solution… which i am working on for my own rear lights.. I'll post up after i have tested this option out.

• @960b6b9374=Lori:

You can get silver bulbs that flash orange if that would help?

• As long as you have a clear orange turn signal on the side of the vehicle it will be fine.

The law states that you must have an orange indicator visible 360 degrees around the outside of the car, the one on the wing just fills the gap between the front and rear

• @a3375c7c24=nightstalker:

Jesus Mark! Where have you been hiding?

I'm dating a poledancer. Go figure.

• @c8bdc729b6=djmarcopolo:

As long as you have a clear orange turn signal on the side of the vehicle it will be fine.

Question, Does it need to flash orange, or be orange in colour when not in use?

Ours right now are orange in plastic with a clear bulb, or at least mine is.

What's to stop it being an orange bulb with clear or another colours external plastics (as long as it still flashes orange)

• @67308ff2fd:

What's to stop it being an orange bulb with clear or another colours external plastics (as long as it still flashes orange

)

orange bulb on clear would be fine, but another colour might
    'taint' the orange bulb colour is my guess.

• @d486f9e7ab=youdirtyfox:

@d486f9e7ab:

What's to stop it being an orange bulb with clear or another colours external plastics (as long as it still flashes orange

)

orange bulb on clear would be fine, but another colour might
    'taint' the orange bulb colour is my guess.

It does, but the government stuff on this is quite clear - it gives the actual scientific wavelengths of light as a min and max. You see VeeDubs with green and blue tinted lenses with good bright orange light when the flash. Those are aftermarket, but plenty of people mist spraypaint over their lenses.

I wouldn't, but that's just me. :)

• What about using LED's? They can be clear when not in use and amber when in use.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB