A thought about air…

• I was having a cigarette and thinking about stuff, as one does, and I thought about cold air, now, we all know cold air is denser, so am I right in thinking that in winter, due to the air being very cold, it create more wind resistance/drag on a vehicle? My mpg has dropped by about 30% these last few weeks.

Thoughts?

• increase in electrical usaage ?
    rear heated screens, dont shut off in mx3 also just stay on!.
    blower motors on more,
    headlights on more.

• my heated window turns off, yours must be broke, though the rest is true, but does the theory not sound possible?

• Your right but not at 30% more right. (if that makes sence)

Starting a engine at -3 or -4 rapes fuel until it's warm. which adds to it as well.

• @2d864a17e6=Jesta:

my heated window turns off, yours must be broke, though the rest is true, but does the theory not sound possible?

no i mean most modern cars have a timer setting so rear screen turns itself off, where as mx just stays on until you notice the little indicator.

• it doesnt stay on unless i put it on, when the rear window is clear i turn it off, so thats nnot a problem

Lori> yeah, I understand you, I do variable shifts, either 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm, so its always freezing atleast once on my way to work

• @d10147144d=Garfy1981:

@d10147144d=Jesta:

my heated window turns off, yours must be broke, though the rest is true, but does the theory not sound possible?

no i mean most modern cars have a timer setting so rear screen turns itself off, where as mx just stays on until you notice the little indicator.

Mine stays on for 10mins then turns itself off bud, (Or at lest the light goes off)

• @653bc78e3c=Lori:

Mine stays on for 10mins then turns itself off

You can get pills for that

• No action means it gets bored and goes to a power-save state. :)

• lol!

• ah mine doesnt??? hay ho hopefully wont be needed soon as lexan rear screen goes in place.

• dont think mine does either, though as I said, I turn mine off when its finished working which is normally only a 2minute thing

• @a7365520ab=Garfy1981:

@a7365520ab=Jesta:

Mines on constantly not due to a broken switch or me forgetting about it but due to the fact when my rear screen is clear I turn it off and it mists up again instantly. In fact, it goes without saying this is true for all three of the other windows in my car too, I may just take the windows out completely to save me power and just wear many many many layers.

• had a similar problem, so I bought 10 big sachets of silica gel, its the stuff they put in clothing bags and shoe boxes to keep them dry when in storage, i rarely have a problem unless i get in the car and my clothes are wet

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB