Jono's KLZE Project - Turbo Build Begins

• admin

Yeah I no,

Im getting a x-member from a broken mx-3 which I will mod for the down pipe, this way I can still use the car while I build up the kit and also if i screw it up, I wont be without a car.

My install is gonna be generally custom made by myself, also where I work (in a school) the D & T tech used to work for Ford, and he can build pretty much anything, so any brackets etc he said he will make for me :D

Plus my dad is a pretty good welder!

Let me know how that turbo build goes with the MS II, im planning on going MegaSquirt with the V3 board! Still have a lot of research to do tho!

Im only looking for 4-5 PSI for now, but will look into a ZE rebuild after, lol as no doubt I will be up for more power.

Jono

• admin

I have been thinking alot about the next few mods for the MX-3, and have decided at some point to do what I never thought I would…

Im going nitro!!!!!

Yep, the plan has upgraded to a ZE-T NOS install, however I only plan to do the NOS install after I have rebuilt the motor, which will be some time after the turbo install, hopefully next year :D

Also I have noticed the sudden trend of car stripping here lol but unfortunately im not gona go this route, im gona keep the car as standard as possible & plan to make it more comfortable for everyday driving.. but with a twist... hehe

Im gona install a semi hidden rear srut bar, and a few other things that I havent thought of yet! lol

Anyway thats the latest thinking, however is still a plan :)

Jono

• admin

Hopefully good news,

I have just taken delivery of a replacement Release Bearing, so I should be able to get the clutch swapped over within the next 2 - 3 weeks :P

Jono

• admin

Small Update:

Havnt had the time to take the car off road to swap the clutch yet, but that will happen soon.

I completed my boot install yesterday (will post pics soon) & am quite pleased with myself lol

I have started installing blue silicone vacuum lines.

Also have a brand new set of Devil Alloys on :D (again, pics soon)

Jono

• admin

Finnaly installed the new Dials :D

However did manage to kill the speedo :(

It works now and then lol, got a new one on order.

Jono

• admin

Updated Pics:

Old Alloys:

New Alloys:

Boot Install:

Dials: (Crappy Pic from Phone)

Jono

• nice work i might coyp your boot install :D

• you have any photos of what you did with the boot etc how you fixed the sides etc.

• that install looks smart i want to do a similar thing, but with out the 6x9s and the power cap. looks good and keeps boot space.

what have you done with your old alloys?

• admin

Old alloys are sitting in the garage! lol

Jono

• wanna get rid of them?

name the price.

• admin

One has been repaired, so 3 are good, one has repair I can post pics if your interested.. make me an offer!

:)

Jono

• put a pic up and offers will flow.

• admin

Btw… my old alloys are for sale if anyone is interested, look at the Old Alloys pic above...

Jono

• @845816bd84=jono:

Dials: (Crappy Pic from Phone)

Jono

Umm is your car overheating really bad? or is the needle just messed up?! lol

• admin

Lol your the first one to notice that! lol

When fitting the dials I had to remove the screws from the temp & fuel gauge, when I put them back in (upside down) the clamp fell out so the gauge was not getting a signal and just went right to the top lol

Fixed now tho

Jono

• @ae66798946:

my old alloys are for sale if anyone is interested, look at the Old Alloys pic above…

how much are you looking at for them?

• admin

@b429e15f8f=burger28:

how much are you looking at for them?

Not sure yet, around £20 - £30 each

Pm me with an offer

Jono

• let me know if you have questions for fitting for the piping and all… I can send you pics of the way I did it... dont give up its worth it.

• that booy install, did it take you long?

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB