Best way to get some cash for my MOT failer??

• Hey guys. I'm new to the forum but i've been loving my MX3 for the last 5 years.

I spent a lot last year giving her a full new set of brakes but she's gone and failed the MOT again and it's gonna be too expensive for me to get her passed this time round.

I was wondering if you guys with all your knowledge of this marvelous car could give me some ideas on the best way to regain some cash out of the old girl?

thanks loads for your help!

pabs

• What did it fail on?

• just got a friend at a garage to give it a look over before testing it. He says there's a couple hours welding to do, one shock is completely dead and it's more than likely all the other shocks will fail too. So just to do the shocks and welding it'll cost me £550 to get done. also said need to do the left rear shock bearings/mount?? And thats before i've actually tested it thoroughly.

• You will get a full set of 4 shocks from a scrapyard for £40 - £50.

Where does it need welding? If its easy to get at stuff then it should only cost £75 - £100 for a couple hours worth of welding.

If not then you can sell the engine and gaerbox if its in good nick and not a too high milage for £150 then put an ad on here and ebay saying breaking for parts, sell what yu can for a month then weigh the rest in for scrap.

Or if you can't be bothered it should weigh in for £80 - £120, just phone a scrap metal (not a scrapyard) merchant and get a price per tonne of them and tell them its a car as some don't do cars. You will have to drive it there yourself though or you would have to pay them!!

That why I love my car trailer so much.

You could try and sell it, but in its current shape your not going to get much over scrap value.

If it was me I'd find someone locally to do the welding cheap if its not too bad and get shocks froma scrappy. In that order, incase the welding dont turn out right.

• Got a tech college near you??

Go to the vehicle repair department for trainee mechanics, tell them that you need 4 shocks fitting and the welding doing they will charge a nominal fee and the labour is pretty much free, good for the students and good for you.

• @21d0d26bcb=djmarcopolo:

Got a tech college near you??

Go to the vehicle repair department for trainee mechanics, tell them that you need 4 shocks fitting and the welding doing they will charge a nominal fee and the labour is pretty much free, good for the students and good for you.

i'll give it a try , thanks

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB