Wheel grumble

• im starting to get a slight "grumble" from the front left whenever I turn left.
    dont know much re wheels/brakes any advice greatfully received.

cheers

• Could be your CV joint, around £100 at a garage to replace. Is it a clicking or a definate grumble?

• If it gets louder when you turn away from it its the CV joint or in rare cases a drive shaft fault, I am having to do my front right very soon as its slowly got worse and is getting loud at over 90 (ahem) 55 on the motorway now 8)

• @ab5c45beda=barrywhite21:

Could be your CV joint, around £100 at a garage to replace. Is it a clicking or a definate grumble?

definate grunble but very minor (at the moment) does not get any louder the faster the speed. (saying that, I havnt taken her over 75mph)

• I have a similar "grumble" but coming from the nearside rear, it's comes on at about 50-77 mph but below or above, it isn't there.

I had a similar noise from the exact same wheel on my civic but that had drum brakes and when I checked it some rust caught somewhere in the drum and when I got it out the noise stopped.

I was thinking the noise on the MX could be a wheel bearing?

• @9f95c72df1=nightstalker:

you may be right there… the wheel bearings on a mx have a very fine tolorence and only allow for .5mm of play and then there out..
    a mild grumble could be a wheel brearing..

however are you sure its not the other half in the car and you forgot she was there...or is it time for another maccyD breakfast..

• @f3ef4f968e=Rainmaker:

@f3ef4f968e=nightstalker:

you may be right there… the wheel bearings on a mx have a very fine tolorence and only allow for .5mm of play and then there out..
    a mild grumble could be a wheel brearing..

however are you sure its not the other half in the car and you forgot she was there...or is it time for another maccyD breakfast..

Lol, my missus don't grumble she just sits there scared and quiet :wink:

And MaccyD's is not in my diet :P

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB