Lambda/Oxygen Sensor

• Installed in the exhaust down pipe these sensor's measure the level of unburnt fuel in the exhaust stream and feeds this back to the ECU to help control fuelling (closed loop mode operation). A failing sensor does not always cause a fault light as its' sensitivity fades slowly over time. Symptoms include poor fuel economy, running rich. Can cause mid range acceleration 'lags' where the engine feels like it is hesitating slightly only in mid range (also hesitates coming off the gas too). Lambda/Oxygen sensors are designed to fail; they need replacing every so often (5 to 7 years). Best to replace with genuine sensors as some universal type oxygen sensors have been known to cause problems …

I had a feeling wes was a little over fueling and did a check with no record of my sensors being replaced, knowing that there a serviceable item Ive had them replaced and what a difference its made to the engine, pickup has improved as well as the economy...no lag in mid-range either now or when lifting off the throttle....

Thought id share with you all...

• Same here i replaced both mine, took less than an hour and the difference in pickup was nice, not much but enough to notice :D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB