V6 induction

• Hiya all, was looking at this induction kit for the car but it is a bit pricey but it comes with the ram kit to fit through the fog light hole.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEAPON-R-SECRET-AIR-INTAKE-93-98-MAZDA-MX3-MX6-626-V6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f176957dQQitemZ300403823997QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Anyone got any better recommendations or tried and tested ones

Also If I buy it I found this little valve filter kit that gets rid of water etc travelling up the ram pipe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAZDA-SPEED-MX-3-MX3-2-75-BYPASS-AIR-VALVE-FILTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27ab0e5cddQQitemZ170373569757QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• isnt it just a cone filter and the relevant pipe with joiners?
    surely you can make one up(obvoisly not the cone filter) for a snip of that price!?

• First intake i bought, weaponR intake wouldnt recommend at all, bought it from andysautosport online and 1st dont ever shop there EVER, 2nd it didnt come with everything needed to fit it and 3rd when i tried to send it back the customer support was SHITE ignored me, then ignored me, then ignored me some more.

More of a review on Andysautosport but i will be staying away from weaponR too, Gonna stick with K&N or RocSpeed from fps.

• That looks expensive, there's loads you can do.

Get a K&N for best filtration get a HKS for best flow but filtration is not so good.

Ram pipes do help on the MX3 as the engine bay runs hot.
    Reverse facing bonnet vents
    Thermal inlet gaskets
    Quality heat sheilding for both exhaust manifolds and filter
    Rubber piping absorbs heat slower than metal which is better

The k&N panel filters are very good

–---

If your after performance gains you wont get much from a filter, but it will sound much better.

A Quality set of plugs, leads, new dizzy cap and rotor arm and decent battery are also a good starting point.

Remove the aircon if you have got it.

Remove the breather pipe and cap the Inlet side and put a filter on the other.

Headers, De-Cat, better flowing backbox.

• What type of performace ++'s are there to removing/disabling the aircon?

• I am just shopping around at the moment as the equipe car the plastic pipe has snapped in half so instead of giving mazda £50 I thought it would be better spent on something shinier

• @064f6c797b=Lori:

What type of performace ++'s are there to removing/disabling the aircon?

i would take a huge guess at weight reduction…

• @abbc7b0f98=Lori:

Air con I believe is clutched, so the drag of the unclutched pulley will barely affect the engines output to the wheels. So gain of removing VS turning it off are very minimal.

Removing all the AC crap will reduce weight, improving power to weight and makes for a tidier bay. It also leaves room to fit a supercharger ;)

• @8413ea0ebe=Marco:

@8413ea0ebe=Lori:

Air con I believe is clutched, so the drag of the unclutched pulley will barely affect the engines output to the wheels. So gain of removing VS turning it off are very minimal.

Removing all the AC crap will reduce weight, improving power to weight and makes for a tidier bay. It also leaves room to fit a supercharger ;)

Nice, Might have to look into it, Didn't think you could just stick a supercharger on the V6?

• @a1f4858f38=Lori:

@a1f4858f38=Marco:

@a1f4858f38=Lori:

Nice, Might have to look into it, Didn't think you could just stick a supercharger on the V6?

you need duck tape as well :lol:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB