Urgent, Key snapping..

• When I got the car, someone had with much care taken a nice screwdriver to all the locks so the only way into the car was the alarm fob connected to C-Locking.

2 days ago while 60 odd miles from home.. the alarm failed, or rather then alarm <-> C Locking part failed so I could turn off the alarm but not unlock the car.

30 mins later after tryin to get the key to work in the lock, I was in…

Issue:

The key is now warped and showing the first signs of snapping :x

Mazda are unable to find my car on there system (even wolvo dealership - Main import one) so I don't know if the key is rigged to the Imbolizer or not.

It looks like a normal key with a round black rubber edge.

One side of the Rubber has MZ239 the other side has K7 (the 7 is inverted) and what looks like either Italy or 5AZ(2)Y(7) (in brackets are something else it could be not 100% due to useage)

Mazda are unable to tell me that if I get another cut and the key is coded if it will trip the Imbolizer OR if it does, using the key I have would untrip it and allow the car to start.

Options, Ideas or even a comical (nelson haha's) are welcome.

• I don't really have much idea about those chipped keys as fortunately I've never had to deal with them! Does the immobiliser in the key have to be in the ignition or just near it? If it's just near, just leave the broken key on the keyring and use the new one. For the sake of a fiver I'd just get another key cut and hope for the best!

• Heres a pic of a transponder key blank, does your look like this…

• ive had the same problem. so i took it to a key cutting place. now its all good. i think it was timpsons or something

• Mazda called me to say there techs don't think the MX3 (or imports) haev a coded key so any cut one will do!

Does anyone know if this is just pure BS?

Either way I get to find out tomorrow lol.

• just get one cut. if it doesn't work, then youll need todo a bit of diy with the old key.

• @3a85acafca=tinyrhino:

just get one cut. if it doesn't work, then youll need todo a bit of diy with the old key.

Sorry Rino didn't see ya first post in the thread, I'll get another cut tomorrow and it should fingers crossed be ok.

Thanks for the help guys.

• @7105b45737=Lori:

@7105b45737=tinyrhino:

just get one cut. if it doesn't work, then youll need todo a bit of diy with the old key.

Sorry Rino didn't see ya first post in the thread, I'll get another cut tomorrow and it should fingers crossed be ok.

Thanks for the help guys.

thats ok and good luck with it.

• Hiya, yours is just a standard key WITHOUT immobiliser, the key fob is an after market jap alarm + immobiliser

If you get stuck there is a guy on fleabay that does mazda keys by post for £12.50 and changes the transponder for mazda fitted immobilisers AND supplies you with the code the key has
    Go to mazda that will cost about £80 he does it for £12.50,
    I have had 2 from him and it takes about a week

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-TRANSPONDER-CAR-KEY-MX3-MX5-More-in-shop_W0QQitemZ230421511025QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a6313b71

• if it's just a key, I'll get one cut at local shop. I need some more for the locks I'm picking up tomorrow anyways :)

But i'm tempted to get one from him as well, just in case :)

• lol you'll look like a jailer carrying all those keys :lol:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB