Mod ideas please

• i have entered the castrol challenge drag series this year and im using my 1.6 until my v6 is finished. i did a few runs last year and loved it. so this year i want to improve my time but it is my daily driver so nothing major.
    has any body got any surgestions or advice please

it has a K&N air filter and running high octain fuel
    would decat make much difference?

• Good to start with the breathing might get another 5bhp from air filter and decat exhaust, best way is lightweight more but as its your daily driver so might have to consider something else.

• If its stationary start and run as fast as possible stick a set of MX5 14" alloys on, the engine has less power needed to rotate the wheels thus giving you a slightly faster pull away,
    also bang some new plugs in, put a resistor in the feed to the air mix sensor on the throttle body so it thinks its cold and tells the ECU to dump more fuel in the cylinders and then get rid of the standard air filter and put an induction kit on but try and get an extension made down the front of the gear box and take out the nearside fog light and run the pipe to there so you get proper dense cold air with higher oxygen content instead of the hot expanded air it takes in from around the engine.

Theres a couple of ideas

• @2fba34333b=jay:

Is that a panel filter or cone filter? Just interested because I can't find them for mine.

• @6bb19aab3f=nightstalker:

@6bb19aab3f=jay:

Is that a panel filter or cone filter? Just interested because I can't find them for mine.

its a cone filter. its not an mx3 one but k&n have started doing them now.

tip: when you look for an air filter you need to find one that is capable with the same or more bhp, the one on mine is capable up to 500bhp power.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB