Reccommend a London Garage

• Hello, I am new here and about to acquire my first MX-3. It is due for its 60K service which Mazda have quoted me £720 for + £600 for a clutch (Which technically would make the car a write off :D ). This sounded a 'little' ambitious so I thought I would ask if any one knows of a garage near West London that can do a through job on a full 60K service at a more realistic price.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Can anyone comment what jobs would need doing on the 60K?

• 60k is about major service time so its worth doing the lot especially if you intend keeping it for a while, in southampton a major service would be about £300 and the clutch I know I have had one done would be £350 but london prices are higher, got any friends or family outside london, stay with them and book it in for a couple days

Sounds like typical mazda prices probably charging about £90 per hour

For a major service, buy everything you need yourself because most people will add 25% on for buying for you, search the net + ebay

Plugs - 6 x NGK 4 spark plugs £25
    Cambelt £35 ish
    Leads £60
    OIL filter £8
    Fuel Filter £12
    OIL - 5l - £25
    Water pump - £40

Buy it all yourself then book a mobile mechanic to do it for you then its all labour and independants with no overheads charge less than a garage and a lot less than a dealer probably £30-40 an hour but get a deal out of him and make him price it and stick to the price beforehand,
    I did a cambelt over christmas and all the marks are easily visible and the whole thing should take 10 hours for the full service + cambelt on your own with reasonable car knowledge.

I have posted in the general section the workshop manual so you can check out how easy it is to do the basics if you want to save more money

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB